Penrod Kennels Policies
We have set up these policies for the safety and well being of all.
Any questions PLEASE call during office hours!
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
- Reservation is required for boarding.
- Poor planning is not a emergency!!! Any non-emergency reason to open our office when normally closed will cost you $50.00.
- We handle REAL emergencies without extra charges when office is closed. Such as human medical emergency, deaths, house fires and the like.
- If an animal is on a prescribed medication, be sure to have enough for its stay. Please plan ahead!
- ALL dogs must be on leash. Cats must be in a carrier!
- Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) checks are required to be paid in cash and are subject to a fee of $30.00.
- Open Office hours are 7am-5pm Monday - Friday. Office is closed Saturday, Sunday and major holidays.
- We have a discount on 30 days of boarding of 10% off final cost. For example: 3 pets staying 10 days each can qualify for this discount or 1 pet staying for 30 days.
- Credit cards on file: Not stored electronically. Destruction of credit card information is upon request or past expiration date. Call during office hours for more information.
- Any dog without current shots in Penrod Kennels files will be quarantined. You will pay $75.00 per night and you must pick up during office hours.
- PLEASE PLAN AHEAD!!! MOST Vet offices close in the evening and are not open on weekends or holidays!!!
- Poor planning is not a emergency!! Any reason to open our office when we are normally closed will cost you $50.00.
- All dogs are required to have vaccinations: Bordetella, Distemper-parvo, and Rabies. All cats are required to have vaccinations: Feline upper respiratory and Rabies.
- WE DO NOT ACCEPT HOME OR SELF GIVEN VACCINATIONS. We have no way to prove they have been given correctly or at all.
- It is the owner's responsibility to ensure vaccination records are up to date in Penrod Kennel's files in order to board.
- Processing vaccination records must be done during office hours.
- If your animal is destructive and/or aggressive, you are liable for the repair of damages or replacement cost for either equipment or other pet's property e.g. bed or blanket.
- We reserve the right to cancel activities during a pet's stay and for future visits, such as dog park, pool, walks or playtimes, if we see questionable, destructive, aggressive or overly dominate behavior in any animal staying in our facility. Any canceled activities will not be charged to the owner.
- We reserve the right to remove bedding, blankets, toys or cots if a dog is defecating on or being destructive to them.
- Any dog who is prone to or known for escaping enclosures will not be allowed into our dog park areas. They will be kept secure in their run.
- We will not board human aggressive dogs or cats. If a dog or cat bites us, they are no longer welcome at our facility.
- It is the owner's responsibility to keep us up to date with preferred veterinarian.
- Treatment cost you write on the contract is to help us and is not putting a price on your animal's worth. It is to limit treatment cost during emergency until we can talk to you or your emergency contact about treatment options.
- If a animal has injured another animal while in dog park, pool, playtime or boarding at our facility, the owner of the animal responsible for the injury is liable for treatment cost of the injured animal.
- If a dog is injured or becomes ill and needs medical attention, there is a transportation fee of $50.00 to a veterinarian.
- Owner is responsible for medical treatment cost, including emergencies.
- In medical emergencies we try to use the preferred local veterinarian of the owner if they can be scheduled in. If they cannot fit us in, pets will be transported to veterinarian in the Tri-cites area.
- If owner does not provide enough prescribed medication for their pets during its stay and we are required to call in and pick up more medication from their veterinarian, a fee of $25.00 will be charged and owner will pay cost of medication through Vet's office.
Please call during office hours for more information. 541-938-7633